Conservative Friends of Turkey (CFT) aims to promote links between Turkey and the Conservative Party at all levels.
CFT works with a plethora of individuals, political organisations, academia and business associations in pursuit of this fundamental aim. Our activities range from encouraging an active debate on the Turkey-UK strategic partnership to raising awareness of the Conservative Party within the Turkish community in the UK.
- Promote strong Anglo-Turkish relations
- Help to foster bilateral trade and business relationships
- Build links between the Conservative Party and Turkish counterparties as well as the academic and business community
- Increase awareness of the Conservative Party within the Turkish community in the UK
- Support parliamentary candidates in marginal constituencies
- Support Turkish local politicians and promote greater political involvement of the community
- Lobby in favour of Turkish membership of the EU with a stress on Turkey’s role in the bloc, the region and its strong ties to Western institutions
- Facilitate access to information on Turkey: its culture, political orientation, economy, and its progress towards EU membership