Conservative Friends of Turkey (CFT) was officially launched in 2008 to promote links between British Turks, Turkey and the Conservative Party at all levels.
We work to increase awareness of the Conservative Party within the Turkish community all around the UK:
- Supporting parliamentary candidates in marginal constituencies
- Supporting Turkish local politicians and promote greater political involvement of the community
We also aim to be an economic, cultural and political communication channel between Turkey and the UK through:
- Briefings and Information Services: Regular briefings/newsletters are available to MPs and peers, in addition, CFT aims to quickly answer queries related to Turkey and Conservative Party, or suggest alternative avenues
- Events: Parliamentary or roundtable meetings in London, Ankara and Istanbul
- Parliamentary and Business Delegations: Fact-finding and introductory trips to Turkey to meet MPs, academics and leading business figures